1. Types of Information We Collect.
1.1 Information You Provide Us Directly. We may collect information from you, including, but not limited to your username, first and last name, e-mail, password, phone number, and mailing address, when you create an account to log in to our network or at other times. We retain information that you post, store or upload through your account and/or on our website. If you exchange any messages through our site or through our service, we may store those as well. If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume.
1.2 Information and Social Media. We may offer social media services in which our registered users have the ability to share information about themselves with their friends and family, including information about their interests and test results. Information provided by the registered user does so at the discretion of the user, and GPS Origins™ makes no claims or warranties regarding the information that is provided by the user.
1.4 Do Not Track. We do not respond to browser-based "do not track" signals. We do not have any third parties that push content to our site.
1.5 US – EU Safe Harbor.
The United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles and frequently asked questions (the "Safe Harbor Principles") to enable U.S. companies to satisfy the EU law requirement that personal information transferred from the EU to the United States be adequately protected. We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
or at Safe Harbor Policy
2.1 General Use. In general, information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, to provide our products and services to you, or to otherwise aid us in serving you better. Features of our products and services include the analysis and (with your consent) publication on social media platforms of data that you upload into our system, such as test results generated by us or by your other service providers. We will store and process your uploaded data for such purposes. Other use of your data includes the following: GPS Origins™ uses your information to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our website and services; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our website and services; send you administrative e-mail notifications; or respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
2.2 Use of your Testing Information. We will only use the DNA results and related personal data that you provide to us or that we provide to you (“Testing Information”) in order to perform for you the services that you ordered or to otherwise respond to your specific requests. Your Testing Information is confidential. We will not disclose your Testing Information to any other person or party for any reason whatsoever, except with respect to anonymous data (as set forth in the next section) or a merger/sale of our company, and unless in connection with a court order or other such legal requirement. You are free to share your Testing Information with third parties at your own discretion and risk.
2.3 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from information (including Testing Information) by excluding all information that makes the data personally identifiable to you (such as your name and DNA results). We may use this anonymous data only to analyze request and usage patterns and to help us enhance the content of our services, improve reporting accuracy, and improve site navigation. GPS Origins™ reserves the right to use anonymous data for any purpose in its discretion.
3. Disclosure of Your information.
3.2 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your information (as described below), GPS Origins™ may disclose information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on GPS Origins™; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of GPS Origins™ or users of the services.
5. Your Choices Regarding Your information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your information. We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our site or services and may contain advertisements for third party companies. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by opting out here
5.2 Changes to information.
You may change any of your information in your account by sending an email to us at email@example.com
. You may request deletion of your information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
6. Security of Your information. We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with information, and we do not take responsibility for the security practices of any third-party websites or services (including social media platforms).
7. Dispute Resolution. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact GPS Origins™ by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation. If you and MyDNATest are unable to reach a resolution to the dispute, you may submit your complaint to JAMS for mediation under the JAMS International Mediation Rules, which are accessible on the JAMS website at www.jamsadr.com. Questions or comments regarding this policy should be submitted to directly to our privacy officer here.
8. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 you should not use our site or service.
9. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
GPS Origins™One DDC WayFairfield OH 450141-800-831-1026